What are the benefits of electric tricycles
10th June, 2021
We may be biased, but there’s not much better than cycling on a sunny day with the hot sun beating down on your back, the rumble of the pavement beneath you, and fresh air filling your lungs. Be it with friends, or on your own, cycling releases endorphins in your body, instantly improving your mood. Combined with the fun of being on an electric tricycle, you’ll permanently have a smile on your face.
Our electric tricycles are popular amongst those who want to get outdoors and cycle but may need a helping hand. Tricycles, especially electric tricycles, support those living with either Parkinson’s or MS. As they’re battery-powered, they require far less energy from the individual to move the tricycle.
Year on year, Google searches for ‘electric tricycles’ have increased by 14% in England. Electric tricycles give you the power to ride further for longer and improve your fitness at a pace that suits you, without fear of losing your balance. Giving you the power to go anywhere. With an inquisitive audience and increasing popularity in the most fun way to get around, we thought it necessary to give you a full breakdown of our range of electric tricycles for adults.
Is an electric tricycle more sustainable in daily life?
- Significantly better for the environment than cars and public transport
- No traffic jams
- The average recharge price of the battery is 10p, whereas the price for a litre of diesel is 126.5p
- An excellent form of exercise
- Makes cycling feel like a breeze
- Sit back and enjoy the sunshine, scenery, and spending time outdoors
- Reaches full charge in 4 hours
- Every one of our electric tricycles has an anti-theft lockable battery
- No need for tax, license, or insurance on all 250w models.
- As the name suggests, our electric folding tricycles fold in half for ease of storage and transportation
What speeds can an electric tricycle reach?
- Journey times are reduced with top speeds of 15.5mph EAPC regulated
- 4 different power modes to suit your needs
- Walk mode with twist throttle
- No complicated controls, simply choose your mode and pedal - pedalling sends a signal to the motor, and depending on which speed you have chosen on your easy-to-use handlebar display, will depend on how much assistance the motor gives you
- Cycle further for longer due to our unique PAS system.
*The above information is in relation to our electric folding tricycles
Jorvik Odin Tricycles
If the folding isn’t something you’re after, we recommend our iconic Jorvik Odin tricycle collection. All environmental and personal benefits mentioned for our folding tricycles remain the same for our Odin collection. The only difference is that the Odin tricycles don’t fold down.
Check out our full range of electric tricycles for adults here and be one step closer to gliding through daily life.